Tuesday, June 3, 2008

hmmm... rough start

.........yeah.......

raining is definitely cramping my running schedule. it feels like january in berkeley, like concord in el nino... not cool.

cold.

and wet.

So maybe this will not be the week to run 4 days in a row.



I've decided that this blog will also chronicle all my new experiences up in Seattle... and here goes a recap of the times up in the great NW so far:

-driving on a full tank is uber-fun.

-traffic is NOT as bad as people say.... BUT... ppl cannot drive in the sun or the rain up here... CANNOT. DRIVE.

-I like living near a big city but not in the big city. I am happy with my choice to live in Kirkland.

-Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that lives in my house. My two roommates both have boyfriends, and one spends half the week in Tacoma/Olympia.

-I'm trying to get back into the Pilipino progressive scene. AnakBayan Seattle is definitely re-opening me up to Pilipino issues... it is a space that I miss dearly, and spending some time w/ them in May was very comforting.

-I've taken 1 dance class up here at the Westlake Dance Center in Seattle. It seems pretty legit... the only downside is that it is far, and there's always heavy traffic on that stretch of I-5 and I'm never 100% sure of what time I'll be getting off of work.

-I have successfully located ALL of the malls (and outlets) in the puget sound area. HAHAHA! I feel good knowing where I can get the things I need.

-There is a 99 Ranch Market up here! Hollah! and it is 99. Ranch. Market... in that order... check the website. Anyway... I've frequented this establishment quite a bit. On my first trip, I picked up some halo-halo ingredients, burra (small bananas), and lumpia wrapper. I stopped by Target on my way home and purchased a ice shaver. no joke. both desserts were very successful... and delicious. Since then, I've picked up some longanisa and tocino, some produce, and some other treats that remind me of home.

-The greater Seattle area is chock-full of awesome eats. Seafood, steaks, sushi, thai, mediteranean, vietnamese... yeah... man... i should take more food pics! oh yeah... ribs & wings... WING DOME! love you. in fact, I had it last night w/ Cathleen. =) if you are ever up here (and yes, you will have a place to stay...), i am taking you out for eats (weather/time pending)! lol. I should start 'yelp'ing.

-I've done a lot of "touristy" things while up here in Seattle: Pike's Place, Waterfront, Aquarium, Space Needle, Chinatown, etc. I also experienced a lot of this during a family vacation in 2004.
-I have every intention of experiencing the outdoors-y-ness that surrounds me up here. I don't live too far from Lake Washington, and there are mountains to the west & the east of me. I visited Snoqualmie Falls a few weeks ago on a gorgeous spring day, I will definitely revisit that area and take the trail down to the river this summer.
-Safeco Field/Mariner's Game: It is a very nice stadium and the game that I went to on Saturday was aight. Idk... I think I was more interested in the garlic fries than most of the game... kinda sad, right? I'm not much of a baseball enthusiast, but I am a loyal Giants fan. Probably because I grew up seeing those games... don't get me wrong though, I've got love for the A's, too. A Seahawks game is definitely in order come Fall.
-Following Saturday's game, I accidentally stumbled into the Beacon Hill neighborhood of Seattle. As I was trying to find my way back to the freeway, I found a Filipino restaurant AND a Filipino bakery... sigh... now I have bibingka, pan de sal, and puto bong bong in my fridge. haha.


ok... running out of steam... will keep updating...

well, it looks like it's gonna be a long night. project to finish by tomorrow morning... yuck, this feels like school.

oh well.

*sigh*

Wow... it's really pouring out there... here's to hoping it's not like this tomorrow.

No comments: