Tuesday, November 11, 2008

something new.

HOT YOGA - my new "addiction".

Really, it's ten 90-minute sessions for 10 dollars. Quite the deal, huh?

At the end of your ten sessions (or one month), they offer you a three-month unlimited package for $300 after tax.

I wish I could just waste electricity, heat our extra room to 105 degrees w/ 60% humidity, and do this all myself... but alas, I cannot. We'll see how the 10 sessions go and whether or not it's really worth keeping up... on top of dance.

----
The Connection Performing Arts Center in Mukilteo - a new dance spot.

Tonight I ventured out into the dark and rainy night to take a class in mukilteo. it's about a 20-minute drive up 405. (yes... we have a 405, too)

I really enjoyed the vibe I got from the studio, and I'm curious to take some classes by other choreographers. Ron - an instructor at KDC - also teaches at The Connection. He's amazing... I am really glad to be moving again. Just trying to keep up w/ the ever-changing styles of hiphop... it's a challenge all its own. Well, several.

I just want to dance. It is probably one of the best things I'm doing for myself up here. It keeps me happy, and healthy, and it makes Washington feel like home.

----
An New Driver's License as of 11.07.08

Last Friday, I surrendered my CA Driver's License... =/ It was such a weird feeling. Just signing it away, but it had to be done.

There are only a few things left to do before I become a full Washingtonian.
1) File taxes to Washington State
2) Buy deicer for my car in the winter
3) Start sunless tanning...

I hope that day never comes.

----
And last but not least, a new president.

Words really cannot express the joy (and relief) that I felt last Tuesday evening. The hope. The confidence. The pride. 11.04.08 No one will ever forget.

Be the change you wish to the see in the world. It will take all our efforts to make this country what it ought to be.

No comments: