Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spiritual Lens

focusonthefamily.com

this site has been a great source for me in the last few months. it's like free relationships counseling. lol. i just wish i had a relationship to counsel. anyway...

why does life make so much sense when it's refocused under a spiritual lens?

Chris got me back into Kapwa in the middle of my time at Cal. I remember bringing my Moleskine notebook into my first Bible study with them. I wrote, "Let go. Let God." Truth.

My life was so much "easier" when I was more involved at Church and in my spiritual life. I gotta get back. Gotta stop being a spectator...and get back in there.

At Mass last weekend, our stewardship committee passed out these "Little Black Books". They are full of daily reflections/meditations for each day of the Lenten Season. The meditation from yesterday, Ash Wednesday, talked about our relationship with Jesus. Whether we choose to be a spectator or disciple. I have to learn to let Jesus into my life, just like i'm trying to get into Jesus'.

It's true for all relationships. In a relationship, you open yourself to let someone in. It's a risk. But with Jesus, is there a risk? Like, just the relationship between me and Jesus. Idk... but I'm willing to explore.

God is a sure thing. Believe it.

2 comments:

camille said...

i feel ya on this one girl. it's much harder now to have life centered around God when you don't have the community. we should do weekly Bible buddy readings or something and discuss over chat or phone =) lemme know if you're down

Rita said...

i am down. i think i'd be tempted to partner w/ Kapwa's alumni network, maybe they already have something set up.